The width of the pelvis has to be adjustable. The resolution is a question. Scale.
The movements that we heed the pelvis to be able to handle are lateral pelvis tilt and side rotation.
Forward and backwards rotation is a question
Our idea of a solution is:
To use a ball joint in the middle of the pelvis.
Use wires to control the movements of the pelvis
Early thoughts and ideas¶
- Relative positions of the rotational axes for the pelvis and hip
- The mechanism to control the width of the pelvis should at the early stage of development be manual, easily altered to be controlled electronically.
- The tolerances for the tracks and adjustments need to be looked into.
- The total forces that act upon the pelvic region and the ones that translate into the support mechanism.
- The support mechanism needs to be relatively light and portable. It should be easily set up as well. The stability of it is very important as well, especially when the foot pushes down.
- The requirements for the motor. Small working angle, high torque, high speed, accurate and high repeatability.
Updated by Máni Ólafsson over 11 years ago · 4 revisions