Notes from Kristján.¶
Phases from the prespective of the ankle¶
- Initial contact
- Neutral (90°), slight dorsiflexion. Preparing for response.
- Loading response
- Plantar flexion (10°). Function: Shock response.
- Mid stance
- Dorsiflexion (from 8° plantarflex to 5° dorsiflex). Function: Allow forward progression of tibia.
- Terminal stance
- Heel rise (doriflexion up to 10°)
- Plantar-flexion (20°). Function: Initiate knee flexion for swing.
- <Missing> (I actually missed what the guy said here, if anyone has it please edit the file and add it.)
- Slight dorsiflexion in the ankle to prepare hitting the ground again.
Updated by Kristján Oddsson over 11 years ago · 1 revisions